Happy Thursday! Today is National Superhero Day. New member of the club Robert Pattinson’s got plenty of reasons to celebrate: The Batman has grossed $367 million at the domestic box office and $759 million worldwide, and a sequel was just announced.
Here’s what else is happening…
Digital Marketing News
- YouTube’s ad revenue comes in way lower than projected. Analysts were expecting an increase of 25% in ad revenue for Q1, but it only came in at 14%, which led to a big drop in the stock price. Meta’s normally the one getting all the attention when it comes to iOS 14 and privacy headwinds… but it’s clear Google is feeling the pinch too. As well as competition from streamers like Disney+.
- TikTok downloaded 3.5 billion times in Q1 2022. The short-form video app continues to top the charts as the world’s most downloaded app — a position it’s held since the start of 2018. Here’s a question: does the app that will eventually dethrone it already exist? Or will it be something brand new? Our bet’s on the latter.
- Meta shares spike after reporting better than expected user growth. ‘Tis the season of quarterly reports, and Meta’s included a pleasant surprise yesterday: they added 1.96 billion daily users. Is it comeback season?
Working With Clients
Almost Finished, I Swear
Unlike high school, “my dog ate my homework” doesn’t cut it when you’re a working freelancer. So if you want to get 5-star reviews, referrals, and repeat work from high-quality clients, the recipe is simple:
Don’t miss deadlines.
It sounds simple, we know — but trust us… getting your work in on time will instantly set you apart from the competition.
Don’t believe it? Try hiring a freelancer and see for yourself.
And if you find yourself struggling to hit deadlines you set…
Here’s what to do:
- Do a time audit on your next project
- Add 24-48 hours on top
- Use that as your next deadline
Once you’ve got a grip on how long each task or project takes you on average…
You shouldn’t have any trouble hitting deadlines.
Working For Yourself
Table For One ☝️
Work-life balance is a constant struggle for freelancers.
That’s why, in addition to having a structured workday where you start and end around the same time…
One of the best ways to create separation between work and personal is to eat lunch away from your desk.
Even if it’s just 15-20 minutes…
Giving yourself a break from the computer screen is good for mind and body.
Tools We Love
The Hidden Conversion Killer
There’s nothing worse than helping a client with the copy, design, or strategy for a new offer…
Only to find out the landing page doesn’t convert.
But before you scrap it and go back to the drawing board, make sure to look at how long it takes for the page to load.
According to HubSpot, website conversion rates drop by an average of 4.42% with each added second of load time.
That’s why we use Kinsta to host our WordPress websites.
Their global content delivery network includes servers in 200+ cities worldwide to give you blazing fast page speed…
So you can maximize conversions, sales, and profits.
Join 23,500+ companies who’ve made the switch to better, faster hosting with Kinsta today.
Quote of the Day
“Play by the rules, but be ferocious.”
— Phil Knight