Happy Thursday! One of the most underserved segments of the copywriting industry is Facebook ads. To put it bluntly, there ain’t many folks who know how to do it well.
So we’re planning a workshop for those interested in learning more about how to write winning ads. Keep your eyes peeled 🙂
In the meantime, here’s what we’re discussing in today’s newsletter: Windows, WhatsApp, Messenger, and TikTok. Plus 3 mindset shifts to build a 6-figure freelance business, and the next episode of Inspector Lander.
Read time: 3 minutes and 24 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Windows 11 now includes Bing Chat. Microsoft released an update on Tuesday making it possible for Windows users to launch its new ChatGPT-infused Bing search engine right from the search bar.
- AI personas coming to Messenger and WhatsApp. Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg envisions chatbots becoming a core part of its popular messaging apps to help users get answers and make the most of features.
- TikTok imposing soft 1-hour watch limit for those 18 and under. Users 18 years old and younger will have to enter a passcode to continue using the app after the first 60 minutes of watch time. With multiple world governments having banned it from work devices and negative press mounting, there are rumors that TikTok could eventually be subject to an unprecedented worldwide ban.
Working For Yourself
3 Mindset Shifts to Build a 6-Figure Freelance Business
Building a business is a bit of a mindf*ck.
Success as an entrepreneur means breathing life into something that didn’t exist before you came along.
And no matter what your niche, product, or service is…
There are always key mindset shifts you need to make before you can unlock your full power.
Freelancing is no different.
So here are 3 mindset shifts you need to build a 6-figure freelance business:
1 – “I am an investment, not an expense”
One major obstacle to charging what you’re worth is thinking of yourself as an expense.
By hiring you, clients are making an investment to grow their business.
And investments generate returns.
So don’t get hung up on how much it’s going to cost them…
Emphasize (to yourself) the return on investment they’ll get from working with you.
2 – “There’s too much demand and not enough supply”
It’s easy to adopt a scarcity mindset online.
After all, with so many freelancers out there… how can you possibly compete?
But here’s the truth:
There are WAY more good clients and projects than there are competent freelancers to do the work.
It’s a massive supply/demand imbalance in OUR favor.
(if you don’t believe us, try hiring one and see for yourself 🙃)
So stop telling yourself it can’t be done.
Shift your mindset from scarcity to abundance.
There are literally millions of clients out there churning through one crappy freelancer after another.
Imagine how relieved they’ll be when they finally hire you.
3 – “I provide a world class service that clients are happy to pay top dollar for”
If there’s one thing that formal education is good for…
It’s keeping impostor syndrome at bay.
On the flip side, when you’re essentially self-taught, it can be easy to doubt yourself.
So here’s how to rewrite the script:
Clients aren’t just paying for outcomes and deliverables…
They’re also paying for an experience.
And making sure that experience is top-notch doesn’t have to cost you a dime.
Be responsive. Be excited. Go above and beyond.
Actually CARE about the project.
These little things won’t go unnoticed by clients…
And recognizing that service can set you apart from everyone else is essential to building a lucrative freelance business.
🕵 Watch Inspector Lander #007 on YouTube
The latest episode of our video series on marketing strategy is live on YouTube!
In this episode, Jim audits a killer landing page for a book offer from a celebrity marketer.
(and debuts his very best YouTube face 😂)
Click here to check it out:
[WATCH]: Inspector Lander #007: Brendan Kane – Hook Point
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to our YouTube channel so you can be notified when new videos go live 🙂
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- SEO Optimization for a Landing Page
- FB and Google Ads specialist for Lead Generation
- Need expert in sales funnels
- Email Marketing & Sales Pro
- Need Graphic Designer
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“The easiest person to fool is yourself.”
— Richard Feynman
Strong opinions, loosely held.
Always keep an open mind.
And cultivate a circle of influence who isn’t afraid to challenge your beliefs.
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
- Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
- Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI.
- Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)