Happy Thursday! Today’s version is a little shorter than usual, as we’re hard at work on a new weekly content feature to help you master marketing strategy. Look out for that below the fold in next Thursday’s edition.
In the meantime, here’s what we’re talking about today: OpenAI, Meta, Google, Snap, and TikTok. Plus an inconvenient truth about productivity.
Read time: 1 minute and 54 seconds
Making the Rounds
- OpenAI announces plans for ChatGPT Professional. The free lunch may soon be over for those currently using ChatGPT: OpenAI, the company behind the viral chatbot, announced plans to offset its “eye-watering” operating expenses with a paid version called ChatGPT Professional.
- Meta is removing the ability to target teenagers by gender. Zuck and co. have been steadily reducing advertisers’ ability to target anyone under 18, which is now limited to age and location only.
- Big Tech companies including Google, Snap, Meta, and TikTok face addiction lawsuit. Lawyers representing the plaintiffs argue that social media platforms are addictive by design and should be held legally responsible for their negative effects on younger users. We’ll be watching this one closely, as it would be a bombshell if proven in court.
Working For Yourself
An Inconvenient Truth About Productivity
When projects start piling up, it can be tempting to push harder.
But here’s an inconvenient truth about productivity…
Studies show that taking regular breaks actually helps you get MORE work done.
Now these breaks can be as short as 5 minutes or as long as 60 minutes…
And they can be anything from going for a walk…
Reading a book…
Or even just lying down with your eyes closed.
(aka “non-sleep deep rest” or NSDR)
Think of your brain like a rechargeable battery…
When you’re plugged in and working hard, you’re sucking up lots of juice.
And just like a battery, your brain needs time to recharge in order to function at its best.
When you give it that intentional recharge time, what you’ll find is…
Your subconscious mind is still working… even when you’re focused on other things.
In fact, it’s often unable to fully focus on the problem until you step away from it.
And it’s not until you take a break and then come back to it that the solution finally appears.
So next time you’re feeling stuck or burnt out…
Take a break, step outside, and give your brain the chance to recharge.
Your projects and deadlines will still be there waiting for you, but you’ll come back to them with a fresh perspective and renewed energy.
Just make sure to save the icy cold brew for the end of the day 😉
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Email Marketing Expert
- Website Content Writer
- Google + Facebook ads expert required for furniture start up
- Google Ads Consultation
- Inbound B2B Lead generation – Funnel creation and management
- Web Design Specialist
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients. Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.”
— Erica Jong