Happy Thursday! Exciting news: we’re now on YouTube. If you’ve missed any past episodes of Inspector Lander, our weekly video series on marketing strategy, you can find them all on our new channel, including this week’s episode.
Mentioned in today’s edition: Section 230, artificial intelligence, and YouTube. Plus why multitasking is the mind-killer, and a must-watch for anyone who sells digital products.
Read time: 2 minutes and 33 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Supreme Court takes up two cases that could shake up the internet. Both are challenging Section 230, which grants platforms like Facebook and YouTube immunity from lawsuits over content posted by users. If the court struck down these protections, it would send a shockwave through the entire industry, as platforms would be forced to rethink how they moderate content.
- The race to leverage AI tools is on. This deep dive from the WSJ reveals how everyone from CEOs to employees are scrambling to integrate AI tools like ChatGPT and Midjourney into their work.
- YouTube testing new podcast feature. With more and more podcasters distributing their shows on the platform, this update makes a ton of sense. The feature will come with new podcast-specific analytics to help distinguish performance between traditional YouTube videos and podcasts.
Working For Yourself
Why Multitasking is the Mind-Killer
Multitasking is the mind-killer.
Research has shown our brains are not wired to handle more than one task at a time.
So while you may *feel* more productive when juggling multiple tasks…
Truth is, you’re leaking mental energy every time you jump back and forth.
This concept is known as “context-switching.”
By focusing on just one task at a time instead, you can reduce creative leakage from context-switching and work more efficiently to produce better results.
And if you’re charging a flat rate or per-project fee…
The faster you work, the more your effective hourly rate goes up.
So if you’re looking for an easy way to give yourself a raise…
If You Sell Digital Products, Watch This
Episode #006 of Inspector Lander is live on YouTube!
This week, watch as we audit a killer lander promoting a digital product for media buyers.
Lots of takeaways from this, including a few unusual tactics you don’t see elsewhere.
Check it out here:
[WATCH]: Inspector Lander #006: Elite Media Buyers Academy
If you find these videos helpful, make sure to subscribe to our channel so you don’t miss the next one 🙂
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Copywriter [Mind-Body-Spirit niche]
- Social Media Expert for TikTok Ads Campaign (Beauty Niche)
- Canva graphic designer
- Graphic Designer with Data and AI experience
- MailChimp / Shopify Integration + Weekly Email Design
- Copywriter for medical supply landing page
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.”
— Scott Adams
No one else has to see what you create.
Don’t let your inner Censor stop you from building something.