Happy Monday! And a happy Victoria Day to our friends in Canada. If you haven’t had a chance yet, it’s not too late to fill out our 2-minute subscriber survey.
Now here’s what’s happening…
Making the Rounds
- Twitter tells employees the deal with Elon is still on. Despite his tweet about the deal being “on hold,” executives at Twitter recently told employees they won’t renegotiate the deal and intend to enforce the merger agreement if necessary. Speaking of Elon…
- Facebook releases Widely Viewed Content Report. Two stats that stuck out to us: 1) the most posts with the most content viewers in the US only represented 0.1% of all content views on Facebook, and 2) 20.5% of the average user’s newsfeed is made up of Group posts. See the full report here.
- SpaceX flight attendant accuses Elon of sexual misconduct. She alleged that while on a corporate flight, Musk exposed himself, then asked for an erotic massage and offered to buy her a horse, according to Insider. The flight attendant was reportedly paid 250k two years after the alleged incident and signed an NDA. Musk replied by calling the story a “politically motivated hit piece” and said there is “a lot more to this story.”
Working With Clients
Channeling Your Inner Liam Neeson
Finding your first client is arguably the biggest challenge you’ll ever face in your freelance career.
Especially if you’ve got no experience or track record.
If you’re new to the game and looking for advice on how to land client numero uno…
Check out this article from our friends at Hustle Startup:
We’ve also got a little something for you in the referral section of today’s newsletter 👇
Working For Yourself
Base of Support
They say you should always invest in a good pair of shoes and a good mattress.
Because if you’re not in one, you’re in the other.
Well, we’ve got one more item to add to that list:
A good office chair.
Because if you’re spending 4-8+ hours working on the computer in a crappy chair…
You could easily end up with back, neck, or wrist pain.
And your skeleton deserves better than that.
Our top choice is the IKEA Markus.
But if you’re looking for a side-by-side comparison…
From The Paid Ads Gig
Ads on Easy Mode
CPMs are on the rise.
Competition on the big ad platforms is getting stiffer.
And targeting ain’t exactly what it used to be.
So if you’re struggling to make paid ads profitable in 2022, you’re not alone.
But what’s the fix?
Well, it’s not a sexy marketing “hack” and it’s got nothing to do with flipping switches or the way you set up your campaigns…
Instead, the way to put your paid ads on easy mode is:
Launching a high-ticket offer.
One high-ticket sale of $2,000 to $5,000+ can liquidate a ton of ad spend and turn entire campaigns from bottomless money pits into cash-printing machines.
The two most common ways to do it from a traffic perspective are…
1) Promoting a low-ticket offer with an application on the backend
2) Driving traffic straight to a VSL or webinar that pushes leads to book a call
The days of running profitable ads promoting low-ticket offers are over.
Traffic costs are only going to go up as the big ad platforms continue to mature…
So to make paid traffic work in 2022, you need to go high-ticket.
Quote of the Day
“Learn to recognize good luck when it’s waving at you, hoping to get your attention.”
— Sally Koslow