Happy Friday! If you do any work with webinar funnels, make sure to check out yesterday’s episode of Inspector Lander. Inside, we audited a killer registration page example that definitely belongs in your swipe file.
Discussed in today’s newsletter: Mobile sales, Twitter Gold, and video ads. Plus how to say goodbye to impostor syndrome, and a tiny tweak to make your copy more believable.
Read time: 2 minutes and 6 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Mobile sales accounted for 38.4% of all digital commerce in Q4 of 2022. A new report from Comscore found mobile was responsible for $127.5 billion in sales in the final quarter of last year, up from $101 billion in Q4 of 2021.
- Twitter rumored to be planning a $1,000/mo price tag for gold check. The company has reportedly been reaching out to businesses to inform them of the price increase.
- Video ads now generate over 50% of revenue for all social media platforms. According to eMarketer, social video growth has exploded over the past several years, and is set to grow another 21.2% in 2023. File this one under #TikTokMadeMeDoIt.
Working With Clients
Say Goodbye to Impostor Syndrome
Look professional on meetings and client calls.
In a world where sweats and a t-shirt are standard issue…
Not only does showing up dressed to impress tell clients you mean business…
It also keeps impostor syndrome in check.
From The Copywriting Gig
Tiny Tweak to Make Your Copy More Believable
Round numbers trigger skepticism in copy.
That’s why specificity sells:
– 4.21X ROAS
– 179% increase
– Trusted by 3,364+ clients
Be specific if you want to be believed.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Google ads expert
- Facebook ad specialist needed
- Email Marketing Expert to review our Klaviyo Flow + Emails Content
- CBD Article & Copywriter
- Graphic Designer Needed for Streetwear Clothing Brand
- Logo redesign / Colors etc.
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients. Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
In Case You Missed It:
- Monday: 🧲 Do this to become a client magnet
- Tuesday: 📲 TikTok for news?
- Wednesday: 🤝 Network building for fun & profit
- Thursday: ✍️ Tax write offs for freelancers
Quote of the Day
“It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed. You only have to be right once.”
— Mark Cuban
Share this on Twitter 🐦
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
- Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
- Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI.
- Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)