Happy Wednesday! NASA unveiled the first batch of photos from the James Webb Space Telescope yesterday, and they are incredible. Our favorite is a toss-up between First Deep Field and the cosmic cliffs of Carina’s Nebula. See the entire collection here.
Mentioned in today’s newsletter: Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Google, and YouTube. Plus the easiest way to make clients go “WTF,” 5 science-based steps to optimize your workspace, and an important reminder for anyone running paid traffic on multiple platforms.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes and 57 seconds
Making the Rounds
- 39% of Instagram users log on every day. A new report from analytics firm SensorTower reveals IG leads the way with percentage of “power users,” followed by TikTok at 29%.
- Twitter’s lawyers push back on Elon. Their letter to the SEC called his termination of the deal “invalid and wrongful.” Experts seem to agree that Twitter has the upper hand, but then again, does it make sense to go to court with the world’s richest man? We’re about to find out.
- Google launches video indexing report. With over 4M+ hours of content posted to YouTube each day, video content is becoming a major player in search engine optimization (SEO). This new report from Google explains how to get more of your video content indexed so it can rank.
Working With Clients
The Easiest Way to Make Clients Go “WTF”
If you’re using freelance platforms to find clients and land gigs…
There’s one thing you can do when putting in a proposal that all prospective clients will appreciate, whether they hire you or not.
And that is:
Sharing links to samples or portfolio pieces via Google Drive.
Don’t send over PDFs, Word docs, or Excel spreadsheets they have to download.
Because a client may take one look at your sample and decide they don’t like it.
Or that you’re not the right person for the job.
And if you (along with 9 other freelancers) have sent them a handful of docs to download, then they’re stuck with a bunch of useless documents on their computer they’ll never look at again.
So do them a favor and send them a Share link instead.
Working For Yourself
Workspace Optimization Secrets
Whether you work at home, in an office, or at a co-working space…
Your workspace can have a huge effect on your focus, creativity, and productivity.
Fortunately, our favorite neurobiologist Dr. Andrew Huberman recently put together a short guide with 5 simple and science-based steps to optimize your workspace.
Check it out:
From The Paid Ads Gig
Why Not All Leads Are Generated Equal
Advertisers have lots of options when it comes to running paid traffic on social these days:
Some are a helluva lot more popular than others these days (*cough* TikTok *cough*)…
But what many paid ad experts don’t realize is:
Different platforms produce different kinds of leads.
TikTok may be the ad platform du jour…
But because it emphasizes short-form content, TikTok leads are naturally less qualified compared to leads from Facebook or YouTube.
Now that doesn’t mean running ads on TikTok won’t work for you…
In fact, we know lots of people who are having success there…
Largely because the traffic is so much cheaper.
Cost per click is typically much lower than Facebook, YouTube, or LinkedIn.
So the economics still work out.
Especially if you’re selling ecom products or low-ticket impulse buys that don’t require a ton of context or qualification before making a purchase.
But if you’re selling a high-ticket product or service?
Not so much.
Ultimately, this is one of the reasons why Facebook is still our weapon of choice when it comes to running paid ads…
Because the amount of context people can get about your offer between long-form copy AND video is hard to beat.
Moral of the story is:
Not all leads are generated equal.
So keep that in mind when crafting your paid ad strategy.
Podcast of the Day
Looking to learn more about paid ads?
Our CEO Dorothy Hollabaugh was recently on the Sociallee Relevant podcast with Whitney Lee to discuss how to win with Facebook ads in 2022.
Check it out:
- Facebook Ads for Local Pressure Washing Business
- Native English (US) Copywriters for Travel Articles
- Review, Improve & Expand our Drip Email Campaigns.
- Need a ClickFunnels designer to create a simple email capture funnel
- Graphic designer needed to design branding (logo and brand identity) for innovative cosmetic line
Quote of the Day
“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.”
— F. Scott Fitzgerald