Happy Tuesday! It’s the last day of January. We hope the first month of 2023 has been good to you.
Mentioned in today’s edition: Google, Visa, Mastercard, and Twitter. Plus the ugly truth about networking in business, and our new favorite tool for online growth.
Read time: 2 minutes and 25 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Google creates AI music generator but holds off releasing it. The new AI system is called MusicLM and can generate music from text descriptions, much like Midjourney does for images. But the company isn’t releasing it (yet) due to copyright concerns.
- Credit card spending slows according to Visa and Mastercard. In another sign of a broader economic slowdown, the two credit card companies saw purchase volumes go up less than expected in the last quarter of 2022.
- Twitter updates Paid Partnership policy. The policy now states organic tweets promoting affiliate products need the hashtag #ad in order to comply.
Working For Yourself
The Ugly Truth About Networking in Business
“You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.”
Ever heard that before?
Let’s face it…
If there was a training manual you got after going down the online business rabbit hole…
The above quote would probably be on Page 1.
Now, we’re big believers in the power of networking too…
Because being intentional about the connections you make is one of the fastest ways to climb the ladder online.
But there’s a dark side lurking underneath that intent…
An ugly truth afflicting hordes of wannabe (and actual) entrepreneurs willing to do whatever it takes to get to the top…
And that’s letting “networking” spill into EVERY area of your life.
In other words, choosing to associate only with people who are further ahead than you are…
Or who can do something for you…
While at the same time shedding your old friends like a molting magpie.
This distinction between “real friends” and “deal friends” is a powerful one…
So if you find the topic intriguing…
Then you’ll enjoy this episode of the Fri-Date podcast below.
It’s hosted by entrepreneurial couple Kim and Rob Murgratroyd, and their discussion about real friends vs deal friends is super insightful for anyone looking to achieve success and cultivate real friends at the same time.
Click here to check it out:
[LISTEN]: Episode 480: Real Friends vs Deal Friends
Tools We Love
Our New Favorite Tool For Organic Growth
One of our big goals for 2023 is to level up our content game on social.
This means posting more often and across multiple platforms.
That’s why we’re really enjoying Hypefury.
It’s an intuitive content scheduler that lets you post to…
… all at the same time.
It works on a timeslot basis, so you choose the time(s) you want to post each day…
Then schedule out content for each one of those slots.
Plus it’s got other key features like autoplugs, auto-retweets, and auto DMs to help you grow fast.
So if you want your name to ring out in 2023…
Test out Hypefury with a free trial today.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Graphic Designer for Ads & social media
- Graphic Designer needed design custom logo
- Pre-Launch and Launch Email Sequences
- Email Copywriter to write 3 email sequences to targeted personas
- Revamp Google Ads for Established Business
- Meta ads expert to get conversations that lead to sales
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients. Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”
— Oprah Winfrey