Happy Friday! Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe kicks off this weekend with the new Ant-Man movie hitting theaters. It’s tracking for a $95M domestic debut, and while reviews have been mixed, it sounds like the new villain Kang may have what it takes to fill Thanos’s size 14s.
Here’s what’s on the docket as we head into the weekend: TikTok, Uber, and You dot com. Plus what to do if you’re tired of sending a gazillion cold DMs, and the old school fix for ad attribution.
Read time: 1 minute and 49 seconds
Making the Rounds
- TikTok considering paywalled videos. Creators could soon be able to set a fee of $1 or more to view their content.
- Uber projecting $1B in ad revenue for 2024. Since launching in-app ads last October, the company’s ad business has exploded to a $500M annual run rate.
- You dot com announces multimodal search. The search engine, which actually beat both Microsoft and Google to AI-infused search, can now respond with other forms of media besides text when answering a user’s question.
Working With Clients
SPOTTED: New Freelancer After Sending a Gazillion Cold DMs
If you’re a freelancer looking to land clients, make sure you’re fishing in the right pond:
That’s where you’ll find paying clients with high intent who are looking to hire ASAP.
So focus on them…
And you’ll see results much faster.
From The Paid Ads Gig
The Old School Fix For Ad Attribution
Apple’s iOS 14 update brought the Golden Age for paid ads to an end.
Ad tracking will never be the same.
But here’s a low tech fix:
Build out separate funnels for each traffic source.
Attribution is easy when each funnel is only getting traffic from one place.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Google Shopping Product and Banner Ad Design
- Graphic Designer Needed for a Flyer
- Copywriter for Motobike/E-commerce Website content
- Paid Digital Ad Specialist to Audit and Consult
- Tiktok ad specialist and marketing expert needed
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
In Case You Missed It:
- Monday: 🔥 Why hot takes make the best cold ads
- Tuesday: 💤 The magic of monotony in business
- Wednesday: 🚫 3 client red flags to avoid
- Thursday: 📈 Unlock higher productivity with this paradigm shift
Quote of the Day
“Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.”
— Jim Rohn
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
- Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
- Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI.
- Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)