Happy Tuesday! Elon tweeted yesterday that he’s sleeping at Twitter HQ until the “org is fixed.” Welcome to the club! Lucky for us, sleeping at
home the office ain’t so bad. Especially when you have the t-shirt to match.
Mentioned in today’s edition: SpaceX, Twitter, Gen Z, and Meta. Plus our blueprint for going from zero to 10k/m even if you’re brand new, a shocking new way to make $35k/m on TikTok, and attack of the killer browser tabs.
Read time: 3 minutes and 58 seconds
Making the Rounds
- SpaceX makes $250k ad buy on Twitter. What do you do when your new social media platform is bleeding advertisers? If your name rhymes with Whelon Tusk, the answer’s easy: place a massive ad buy from one of your other companies.
- Older Gen Z workers missing from the labor market. New data reveals roughly 500 million workers aged 20-24 have left the workforce since 2019. And it’s not because they’re going to college either: there were approximately 1.5 million fewer students signed up for college this call compared to pre pandemic.
- Cracks beginning to show in Meta’s foundation. 2022 hasn’t been kind to Zuck and co. The company has lost 70% of its value and is struggling mightily to compete with TikTok. Throw in another $15 billion on a metaverse bet that could be years from paying off, and it’s easy to see why they were forced to lay off 11,000 employees last week.
Working With Clients
Starting From Square One? Copy and Paste This Zero to 10k/m Blueprint
Let’s say we lost it all — skills, clients, connections,
crypto portfolio, testimonials, etc…
What would we do to rebuild our freelance biz as fast as possible?
Here’s the game plan for you to copy-and-paste:
STEP 1: Pick one high-income skill
High-income skills give you proximity to the sale.
This means your work has a direct impact on whether someone buys or not.
And the closer you are to the sale, the more money you can make.
Our top suggestions:
- Paid ads
- Remote sales
- Graphic design
Choose the one that aligns most with your personality (introverted vs extroverted) and strengths (creativity vs analytical).
STEP 2: Daily study & practice
The next step is to map out a daily plan to study and practice your high-income skill.
Aim to spend at least one hour a day on this.
- Read a sales letter
- Write an email
- Find an ad to include in your swipe file
- Design a IG story for your favorite brand
Daily practice is the fastest path to mastery.
STEP 3: Pick one client acquisition channel and go all in
There are two main ways to get clients:
- Freelance platforms / job boards
- Cold outreach
Each has its pros and cons…
But we’re partial to freelancing platforms.
Because we believe in going where the paying clients are when you’re just starting out.
These are people looking to hire ASAP.
But cold outreach can work too.
Either way, pick one and spend at least an hour a day on it until you’ve landed your first client.
Then rinse and repeat until your roster is full.
BONUS STEP: Diversify
There are a few ways to diversify your freelance business and income once you’ve established a baseline level of security:
- Build an audience on social media
- Promote other people’s products
- Create your own digital products
- Start a side business
That’s how we’d rebuild the House of Gig as quickly as possible.
Working For Yourself
Redefining What it Means to Make Money While You Sleep
Being able to make money while you sleep is what attracts a lot of people to online business.
This used to mean having an ebook, info product, or profitable paid ad campaign running 24/7…
But a new group of creators are taking it to another level.
Like Jakey Boehm for example, who reportedly rakes in $35,000 a month by streaming himself sleeping on TikTok Live.
Yep, you read that right — this guy literally crawls into bed, hits record, and then wakes up to a pile of money in his bank account.
You can’t make this stuff up.
Click below to check the article on WSJ:
If you need any more proof that we are living through the Golden Age of opportunity online, this is it.
Quit making excuses and start building something.
Tools We Love
Attack of the Killer Browser Tabs
Browser tabs are like garden weeds.
Every time you uproot one, two more somehow appear to take its place.
And the truth is…
Switching between accounts on Gmail, Drive, Slack, Asana, and any other workplace app you use on the daily can be a major drag on productivity.
Luckily, that’s where Shift comes in.
It’s a desktop app that lets you quickly switch across accounts without changing tabs…
So you can streamline your online work experience to save time and get more work done faster.
Shift has been an absolute game-changer for us.
If you’re looking to optimize your daily workflow and keep your digital workspace organized at all times…
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Copywriter for private equity website
- ActiveCampaign Expert For Email Marketing and Lead Gen
- Conversion tracking and data analytics
- Google Ads Expert Needed For Med Spa Client
- Urgent Graphic Designer Needed
- Email and web designer needed for Interactive Exercise Program
Other Reads You’ll Enjoy
On the hunt for more high-value content in your inbox? Check out some of our top picks below:
- Web3 Daily: Web3 and crypto news, translated into plain English.
- 1440 Media: Daily news designed to be the fastest way to an impartial point-of-view.
- Refind: Every day, Refind picks 7 links from around the web for you, tailored to your interests. Loved by 50k+ curious minds.
Quote of the Day
“Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.”
— David Allen
In Case You Missed It:
- Monday: ☑️ Verified impersonators