Happy Thursday! If you’re enjoying the newsletter, we’ve got a small favor to ask: consider sharing it with a friend or colleague. All you have to do is copy and paste your unique referral link at the bottom of the email and send it to a friend. We’ll take care of the rest.
Mentioned in today’s issue: Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter. Plus a sneaky but legal way to find high-quality clients, why time management is a mistake, and how to reach the most affluent prospects in your niche.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes and 6 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Instagram offers certain media companies $200 if they post a Reel that hits 1M views. They’re not exactly backing up the Brinks truck, but Instagram’s payouts can reportedly max out above 20k/m according to some media execs.
- YouTube creator discusses TikTok creator fund. Hank Green has been making videos on YouTube since 2007. In this interview with The Verge, he explains why TikTok’s creator fund is a bad deal and discusses the future of the creator economy.
- Screenshots reveal how Twitter will handle new edit feature. Twitter users have been asking for an edit button since the dawn of time, and now it seems like E-Day may be near (whether Elon’s forced to buy the platform or not).
Working With Clients
A Sneaky But Legal Way to Find High-Quality Clients
People need to know who you are and what you can do before they’ll hire you.
And most freelancers try to bridge this gap on an “as needed” basis by…
- Applying to jobs on freelancing platforms
- Sending out cold emails and DMs
- Running ads
But there’s another way to skin the cat:
Joining a paid program or mastermind group.
Now, you don’t want to join just any program…
Instead, look for one that has a lot of business owners in the group.
Because many of these folks could be potential clients.
And by joining the group and networking with them, you get the chance to do two things:
1 – Demonstrate your skills
2 – Show you care about investing in yourself
Aim to add value wherever you can (without expecting anything in return) and you’ll be hard pressed not to generate a few referrals.
Working For Yourself
When You Check Reddit For the 47th Time Today Instead of Doing Client Work
Ever heard of Parkinson’s Law?
It states that work expands to fill the time allotted for it.
If you give yourself an hour, it’ll take an hour.
If you give yourself a week, it’ll take a week.
And in our experience, we’ve found this law to be pretty accurate.
That’s why time management is the wrong area to focus on if you want to increase your output.
Instead, focus on energy management.
Energy is the true constraint to productivity, not time.
So here are three of our favorite tips to help you better manage your energy:
1 – Put your phone on Do Not Disturb
2 – Listen to non-lyrical music (lo-fi, chillwave, binaural beats)
3 – Go for a walk as soon as you hit a wall
Your mileage may vary…
But the more you focus on extracting the most out of yourself, the less you’ll have to worry about time.
Tools We Love
How to Reach the Most Educated and Affluent Prospects in Your Niche
Case studies and social proof are great.
But there’s one thing holding most freelancers back from charging premium rates and commanding an elite position in the marketplace…
Credibility (or a lack thereof).
And the fastest way to build credibility is to “borrow” it from somebody else…
By getting booked as a podcast guest.
Studies show podcast listeners are typically more educated, affluent, and active on social media than the average American.
And when prospects see (or hear) you being interviewed by someone else they trust, those feelings are instantly transferred to you.
That’s where Guestio comes in.
Their guest booking and interview platform allows you to cut to the front line and book yourself on shows like:
- Entrepreneurs On Fire with John Lee Dumas
- Build Your Network with Travis Chappell
- Franchise Secrets with Erik Van Horn
- And many more
No more jumping through hoops or sending out cold DMs.
So if you’re looking for the simplest and easiest way to build credibility and attract more of your dream clients…
Head over to Guestio:
Find your first (or next) podcast booking on Guestio today.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Open Job: Graphic Designer Need To Design eCommerce Emails! 🎨
- Writer with experience writing + researching blog posts
- Copywriter for B2B Case Studies
- Facebook ad specialist needed to generate leads for real estate agents
- Google Ad Specialist (Youtube ads is a plus)
Quote of the Day
“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
— Marie Curie
- Monday: 💔 0 likes
- Tuesday: 🏆 10 most in-demand marketing skills on Upwork
- Wednesday: 🥊 Confessions of a control beater