Happy Thursday! Our brand new marketing strategy section launches today. We are hella fired up about this, so be sure to check it out below. And hit reply to let us know if you find it helpful!🙂
Discussed in today’s edition: TikTok, Google, CNET, and ChatGPT. Plus 4 good reasons to track your expenses like a Siberian snow leopard, and the easiest way to position yourself as a marketing strategist.
Read time: 2 minutes and 27 seconds
Making the Rounds
- TikTok launches new podcast feature. It allows users to keep listening to audio even after they switch out of the app, functioning just like a podcast or audiobook would. Audible and Spotify beware.
- Google clarifies that AI content is allowed (as long as it doesn’t suck). With many publishers racing to deploy to ChatGPT and pump out more content, Google has made it clear that AI-generated content is allowed so long as it’s actually useful to readers. Speaking of which…
- CNET forced to issue massive correction to article written by ChatGPT. The article originally stated someone could earn $10,300 in interest by depositing $10k into a savings account paying out 3% interest… when really, it turns out they’d only earn $304.53. Woops.
Working For Yourself
4 Good Reasons to Track Your Expenses Like a Siberian Snow Leopard
True or false:
If you got audited right now, you’d be digging through
a stack of shoeboxes 3 years of unread emails trying to find all your receipts.
If you’re like most freelancers, chances are your expense records have more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.
Which is no bueno.
So here are 4 good reasons to track your expenses like a Siberian snow leopard:
1 – Maximize deductions and reduce your tax bill
2 – Protect yourself against a future audit
3 – Track profit margins accurately
4 – Price your products & services better
Bottom line is:
Keeping accurate records is part of treating your business like a grown-up.
Because if you want to build a business that pays you a life-changing income…
Running it off the back of a napkin ain’t gonna cut it.
🕵 Introducing Inspector Lander
One of the easiest ways to position yourself as a strategist is through an audit.
- Ad accounts
- Landing pages
- Etc etc
Being able to analyze any marketing asset and provide valuable feedback on how to improve it is a MASSIVE value-add for clients.
On that note, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of a brand NEW weekly feature called…
Inspector Lander 🕵
Each week, you’ll get to watch over our shoulder as we dissect and deconstruct a landing page we’ve found out in the wild to help you become a better marketing strategist.
You’ll discover our simple framework for auditing any landing page, step-by-step…
And then see exactly how we craft impactful suggestions to optimize it.
If you’re ready to add a powerful new skill to your freelance skillset so you can confidently raise your rates and serve your clients at an even higher level…
Click below to check out the first episode:
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Graphics designer is needed for my website
- Clickfunnel graphic designer
- Copy Writing
- Website & SEO friendly content writing
- Looking for experienced Facebook ads manager
- Youtube SEO
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients. Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
— Stephen King