Happy Thursday! Friendly reminder that we source fresh job postings on Upwork for you every day in the Gig Alerts section. So if you’re looking to land more clients, make sure to check it out. And if you’ve landed a gig through posting in the newsletter, hit reply and let us know!
Discussed in today’s bulletin: De-influencers, Yahoo, and Slack anxiety. Plus a paradigm shift to unlock higher productivity, and how to audit a free plus shipping offer.
Read time: 2 minutes and 1 second
Making the Rounds
- De-influencing on the rise. The new trend is all about telling people what not to buy, and it’s clearly resonating with some, as the #deinfluencing hashtag has received more than 76 million views on TikTok so far.
- Yahoo laying off 50% of its ad tech employees. The company is shrinking its ad business in yet another sign of an industry-wide slowdown for advertising and media companies.
- What to do if clients are giving you Slack anxiety. This article from the WSJ is all about what to do if your boss is pinging you all at hours, but it can just as easily be applied to clients. We may have to give a few of these tactics a try!
Working For Yourself
Unlock Higher Productivity With This Paradigm Shift
Forget time management.
Energy is the true constraint to productivity.
Here’s how to manage your energy better:
-Write your to-do list the night before
-Put your phone on Do Not disturb
-Work in short bursts
-Go for a walk as soon as you hit a wall
How to Audit a Free Plus Shipping Offer
Free plus shipping offers crush it on Facebook:
- USB sticks
The positioning here is that you get the thing for free — all you have to do is cover the shipping and handling.
It’s proven to be a highly-effective strategy for promoting front-end offers.
In this week’s episode of Inspector Lander, we review a long-running F+S offer in the affiliate marketing space.
Click below to check it out:
[WATCH]: Inspector Lander #005 – Dean Holland
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Google ad manager and analytic set up expert
- Optimization Specialist for PPC Campaign
- SMS Funnel Copywriter
- Brand Copywriter & Strategist – New Brand Launch
- Klaviyo and copy expert needed
- Graphic Design Work – Facebook Flyers
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”
— Margaret Thatcher
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI. Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)