Happy Thursday! This is The Gig, aka the morning paper for 1,831 freelancers and counting. Fill up a cup of your favorite beverage and let’s dive in.
Name-dropped in today’s dispatch: ChatGPT, Stripe, and TikTok. Plus why you shouldn’t let the Fortune 500 have all the fun, and the anatomy of a high-converting registration page.
Read time: 2 minutes and 5 seconds
Making the Rounds
- ChatGPT becomes fastest-growing app in history. The internet’s favorite chatbot went from zero to 100M users in just 2 months.
- Stripe raises fees on European businesses. Users based in the EU will see price hikes for chargebacks, card processing, and USD payouts starting in April.
- Advertisers keeping a close eye on TikTok’s search business. The company is currently beta-testing search ads, as a growing percentage of Gen Z turns to Instagram and TikTok for search instead of Google.
Working For Yourself
Don’t Let the Fortune 500 Have All the Fun
Tax write offs for freelancers:
-domains & hosting
-employees & subcontractors
Just make sure to keep track of your receipts.
Anatomy of a High-Converting Webinar Registration Page
Contrary to popular belief…
Webinars are not dead.
In fact, they’re alive and swell.
We’ve got multiple clients scaling their ad accounts on the back of a well-executed webinar.
And one of the most important levers in the performance of a webinar funnel is the webinar registration page.
In this week’s episode of Inspector Lander, we dive deep on a killer registration page we found out in the wild from a company called Foundr.
If you do any work with webinar funnels — building them out, writing copy for them, or running traffic to them — there are a ton of actionable takeaways for you in this episode…
Including one super sneaky conversion tactic that we’ve never seen before.
Click here to check it out:
[WATCH]: Inspector Lander 004: Foundr – Instagram Domination
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Need: Email/Banner Graphic Designer
- Cold Email Copywriting
- ChatGPT Expert to teach on ChatGPT
- Create Paid FB and Instagram ADS
- Google Ads Expert
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients. Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.”
— Mae Jemison
Share this on Twitter 🐦
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
- Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
- Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI.
- Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)