Happy Thursday! And if you want to keep it that way, don’t look at your crypto portfolio for a while. Especially if you own a lot of $SOL (like at least one poor newsletter writer we can think of).
Mentioned in today’s newsletter: Spain, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. Plus one important step to include your client fulfillment process, how to build a bulletproof freelance business, and why simplicity is divine when it comes to sending emails.
Read time: 3 minutes and 0 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Spain approves new digital nomad visa. Looking to work remotely in Europe? Now there’s another way around those pesky Schengen Zone limitations. The Spanish Parliament just approved a new visa program for digital nomads, which lets them stay & work in the country for up to 12 months.
- In-app scheduling finally comes to Instagram. Creators and social media managers rejoice! Instagram is finally rolling out an in-app scheduling tool that lets you schedule posts and Reels as far as 75 days out.
- YouTube pays creators 55% of ad revenue. Elon’s answer? “We can beat that.” Newly-installed Twitter CEO Elon Musk is setting his sights high: the company is apparently planning a new monetization model for all forms of content on the platform, with the potential to top payouts creators get from YouTube. But you know what they say: you come at the king, you best not miss.
Working With Clients
Don’t Forget to Include This One Step in Your Fulfillment Process
Scoring your first big win for a new client is a great feeling.
It also creates the perfect opportunity for you to make a strategic request:
Ask them for a 2-minute video testimonial.
Clients will (almost) never volunteer these on their own…
And you never want to wait too long to ask for one.
So make sure to put in the request while you’re both riding high on the heels of a job well done.
Plus, this way, you can transcribe it to text and have their testimonial in both written and video form.
Working For Yourself
7-Figure Agency Owner Reveals How to Build a Bulletproof Freelance Business
2023 could be a difficult year for the freelance economy.
Between rising interest rates, persistent inflation, and a slowdown in the digital ad market…
There’s no shortage of potential storm clouds.
But the negative effects of any future downturn won’t be distributed equally.
Some freelancers will lose clients and struggle to make ends meet…
While others will be able to jack up their rates because they’ve become even MORE in demand.
So, the question is…
How do you make sure you’re in position to profit no matter what?
In the episode of The Chris Harder Show below, our co-founder and CEO Dorothy Hollabaugh explains how to build a bulletproof freelance business that thrives in any economy — even during a recession.
Click here to give it a listen:
Tools We Love
Why Simplicity is Divine When it Comes to Sending Emails
As the publishers of a daily newsletter, email marketing is the foundation of our business.
And throughout our freelancing careers, we’ve had the opportunity to work with many of the biggest email service providers out there.
But the problem is…
Most of them have so many fancy bells and whistles that you need a PhD in computer science just to figure out how to make them do what you want.
That’s why we’re proud users of ConvertKit.
It’s simple, intuitive, and incredibly easy to use.
Because you *should* be able to collect emails, send out broadcasts, and set up simple automations in minutes without calling in chat support.
So if you’re looking for a simple and cost-effective way to grow your online audience with email marketing…
Try ConvertKit for free today.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Facebook ad lead gen needed
- Instagram Ad Specialist for a fashion brand
- Come up with 2-3 catchy headlines for a billboard
- Website Content
- Graphic Designer Needed for Corporate Proposal Revamp
- Graphic designer needed to design a logo for an online community
Other Reads You’ll Enjoy
On the hunt for more high-value content in your inbox? Check out some of our top picks below:
- Smartr Daily: The Web’s most valuable articles on productivity, wisdom, and ‘smartr’ living.
- The Curiosity Chronicle: High signal content related to frameworks, personal development, productivity, and growth.
- Blinkist: Powerful ideas in as little as 15 minutes a day.
Quote of the Day
“New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.”
— Lao Tzu
In Case You Missed It: