Happy Monday! It’s President’s Day in the U.S. and Family Day in Canada. If you’re off today, enjoy the R&R. You deserve it.
Mentioned in today’s holiday edition: Shopify, Bing, ChatGPT, and Twitter. Plus what all the top tier clients on Upwork are thinking, and the secret to an idea that sticks.
Read time: 2 minutes and 10 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Shopify cuts 320k hours worth of meetings. The ecommerce company slashed 12,000 calendar events in a single month, thanks in part to “no meeting Wednesdays.”
- Bing and ChatGPT are a match made in
heavenhell. Since launching its new-and-improved version infused with GPT-4, Bing’s AI chatbot has been lying, insulting, and trying to manipulate users. Sounds like there’s still one or two more kinks left to work out.
- Cannabis ads now approved on Twitter. There’s plenty of fine print though: advertisers will need to be pre-approved before they can run any traffic, they’ll only be able to run traffic in states where cannabis is legal, and they’ll only be able to promote a direct offer if it’s for topical, hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC.
Newsletter Shout Out
Looking For New Podcasts?
Check Out Find That Pod
Finding great podcasts is hard. Subscribe to Find That Pod, a weekly podcast recommendation newsletter with 5 great new shows to discover each week.
Working With Clients
What All The Top-Tier Clients On Upwork Are Thinking
Upwork has 5M+ client accounts and 100,000+ open jobs on a daily basis.
Here are 5 tips to help you land more clients:
-Check every day
-Ask for reviews
-Submit relevant samples
-Apply for older jobs with no hires
-Create custom samples if need be
From The Copywriting Gig
The Secret to an Idea That Sticks
Repetition is a powerful tool to drive your point home.
The more often someone sees your message, the more likely they’ll remember it.
So don’t say 1,000 different things once…
Learn to say the same thing 1,000 different ways.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Website Copywriting for Painters website
- Klaviyo Email Campaign Management
- Copywriting and Brand Storytelling
- YouTube ads specialist
- I need a digital marketing expert
- Modern banner designs / popups
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”
— Henry David Thoreau
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI. Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)