Happy Friday! Welcome to the 35 new subscribers who’ve joined us this week.
Discussed in today’s edition: Anonym, Advantage+, and TikTok. Plus how to simplify your offer to close more clients, plus why TikTok videos make great ads.
Read time: 3 minutes and 2 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Former Facebook execs launch privacy-focused startup to tackle ad attribution. Graham Mudd and Brad Swallwood spent 10+ years building out Meta’s advertising platform. Now they’ve launched Anonym to improve tracking for advertisers without sacrificing user privacy.
- Advantage+ shopping campaigns saw 32% increase in ROAS. According to new Q4 stats released by Meta, campaigns using their AI-guided Advantage+ feature enjoyed a major boost in conversions.
- TikTok rolls out Sounds For Business. With it, the platform is making licensed music available to creators for both organic and paid content.
Newsletter Shout Out
Write better copy and get more customers from
your website, in 2 minutes a day
Learn what makes people tick and write higher-converting copy for your SaaS, Ecommerce or service business with Conversion Alchemy – in 2 minutes a day. Subscribe here.
Working With Clients
Simplify Your Offer To Close More Clients
A confused prospect never buys.
The simpler you can make your offer to understand, the easier it is for clients to say yes.
So aim to distill what you do into 1-2 sentences:
- I write daily emails to make sales and keep your list engaged.
- I produce unlimited ad creatives for you to test on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok each month.
- I build funnels from end-to-end. This includes copy, design, and setting up all tech automations.
Don’t worry if you can’t nail it on the first go-around…
Just treat it like your Tinder profile and keep rewriting it until you feel like it’s converting well.
And this doesn’t mean you can’t offer additional services to clients on the backend.
But when it comes to prospecting and front-end marketing…
Simplify to multiply.
From The Paid Ads Gig
Why TikTok Videos Make Great Ads
TikTok is the king of short-form video.
Because their algorithm optimizes for one single variable: watch time.
If you watch it, they’ll show you more of it. If you swipe past it, they’ll show you less of it.
So simple, and yet so powerful.
While Facebook and Instagram are trying to synthesize a million different data points so they can better understand what you watch, engage with, and buy…
TikTok isolated the one variable that rules them all when it comes to stopping the scroll.
What does this mean for you as an advertiser or designer?
TikTok-style videos often crush it as ad creatives.
So if you or your client have videos doing well on TikTok organic…
Try running them as ads.
We’ve seen 2-4X higher CTRs on these types of creatives compared to typical lifestyle images or sales videos.
You can also implement these same principles if you’re producing new creatives:
- Captivating hook
- Lots of quick cuts
- Copy & emojis appearing on screen w/ colorful backgrounds
If you need high-performing ad creatives, model what you see working on TikTok.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Graphic Designer for Emails & Print
- Graphics for social media posts and newsletters
- Email Copywriting and Design
- Native English SEO Copy Writer
- Google ads, Facebook ads, SEO
- Google Ads Account Audit
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
In Case You Missed It:
- Monday: 👮 Facebook Jail
- Tuesday: 💸 Millennial debt
- Wednesday: 👻 Snapchat AI
- Thursday: 🤖 Windows Bing-ified
Quote of the Day
“If you go dark on vacation, you will be ready for the light when you return.”
— Brian Scudamore
You can’t be switched on all the time.
If you want to perform like a top athlete, you’ve got to learn to recover like one.
(Share this on Twitter)
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
- Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
- Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI.
- Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)