Happy Thursday! Friendly reminder that if you’re enjoying the newsletter, you can earn some sweet rewards by sharing it with a friend, starting with a killer fill-in-the-blanks Upwork proposal template. Grab your unique link at the bottom of today’s email to start sharing.
Mentioned in today’s edition: Cybersecurity, Twitter, and the U.S. ad market. Plus what to do when light speed just ain’t fast enough, and Episode 2 of our new marketing strategy video series, Inspector Lander.
Read time: 2 minutes and 16 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Cybersecurity workers — so hot right now. While remote workers in many other lines of work were getting pink slips, cybersecurity professionals have been almost layoff immune. Demand for these positions in both the public and private sectors grew by more than 20% in 2022. It’s not a career path we’ve discussed much here in the newsletter, but it may be time to start paying attention.
- Twitter ixnays ‘For You’ as default tab. The decision to make its algorithmically-generated timeline the default was muy unpopular with Twitter users, so the company has now reverted back to the chronological ‘Following’ tab.
- U.S. ad market declines for 6th straight month. Total ad spend has been on a slide since July 2022, according to data from the 12 largest media-buying agencies in the country.
Working For Yourself
What To Do When Light Speed Just Ain’t Fast Enough
If your client list is growing, then your output must too.
Productivity directly influences profitability…
Because when you’re billing on a fixed-price basis…
That means the faster you can work, the more you can make.
So, here’s one of our favorite tips for going straight to Ludicrous Speed:
Use noise-cancelling headphones when you’re working.
Being able to block out distractions is a godsend when you want to go FAST…
Especially if you prefer working in a coffee shop or co-working space instead of toiling away in your humble abode.
Now… what about music?
Some of our go-tos include:
- Future beats
These are typically light on vocals and heavy on relaxing vibes…
Making them the perfect complement to a deep work session.
But if you find you struggle to focus with music…
Don’t worry about it.
A decent pair of noise-cancelling headphones will block out plenty of sound even if there’s nothing coming out of them.
So experiment with both and figure out which works best for you 💪
🕵 Inspector Lander #002: Go-Go-Gadget Info Product
Inspector Lander is BACK!
This week, we’re looking at a sizzling hot lander promoting a low-ticket info product.
Now, this offer’s been running for months and months…
So you know it must be performing well.
And once you really dig into the page, it’s easy to see why.
If you’re interested in learning how to audit landers like You-Know-Who…
It’s time to check out Episode 2:
[WATCH]: Inspector Lander #002: Content Mavericks
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Copywriter for Ecommerce Facebook and Google Advertising
- Looking for Google Ad and Email Marketing Help
- Etsy Expert – Analytics & Conversion
- Copywriter for Sports retail website
- Create Social Media Ad Content / Graphic Designer / Video Editor
- Google Business Profile Optimization
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients. Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“Almost every idea that you have is downstream from what you consume.”
— James Clear