Get the free daily newsletter helping freelancers build profitable client businesses
The Gig is a daily newsletter helping freelancers go beyond the 9 to 5 and build profitable client businesses.
Every morning, you’ll receive a short email with news to keep you up to speed, tips to help you grow your freelance business, and memes to make you laugh.
All in 7 minutes or less.
Plus when you subscribe, you’ll also get FREE instant access to our brand new guide on how to start & grow a recession-proof freelance business.
Inside this 81-page Google doc, you’ll learn:
- How to start & grow a lucrative freelance business (even in a down economy)
- The 4 best high-income skills to freelance with in 2023 and beyond (pg. 12)
- Looking to land your FIRST freelance client? Here are 3 ways to do it even if you’re brand new (pg. 33)
- The surprising reason why freelancers who can do THIS never struggle to find clients even in a recession (pg. 7)
- What NEVER to do when starting your freelance business (pg. 8)
- 6 simple tips to land your first (or next) freelance client (pg. 49)
- The R-R-R framework for raising your rates without feeling slimy or salesy (pg. 52)
- 4 simple tips to build an audience on social media (pg. 70)
- The math behind a $10k/m freelance business (and a stupid simple way to structure your deals so you can get there faster)
- 22 free and low-cost tools to run your freelance biz more efficiently so you can spend more time traveling and enjoying life (pg. 71)
- PLUS: How to build an inbound client machine (and create a never ending stream of lucrative monetization opportunities)
- And much more
So if you’re looking for the blueprint to building a recession-proof online business you can run from anywhere in the world…
This detailed guide will show you exactly how to do it, step-by-step.
Subscribe for free below to join 2,000+ freelancers and get the next edition of the The Gig in your inbox:
What people are saying
“The Gig is one of my favorite newsletters. The length is perfect- not too long, not too short. The contents are always super interesting, valuable, and easy to read. 10/10”
— Mark Langley
“I look forward to reading the Gig every morning. The amount of information is easily digestible and the gifs always make me laugh! Keep up the great work!”
— Rebecca Shantz
“Loving the The Gig so far. Some great insights in every letter! Keep em’ coming!”
— Brad Z.
“I love the Gig, it’s the only newsletter I read every day! My favorite parts are the client tips and advertising tips. They are always actionable and I have a folder in my GDrive of “The Gig” resources and tips.
Also, the software plugs are cool too and I check those out.
The news side I don’t pay much attention to but it’s a good way to get an at glance view of what’s going on in the industry.
Keep it up! It’s great to see that it’s growing so much :)”
— Mac Magyaros
“Thanks for the daily helpful freelancing info! It’s my favorite email to read in the mornings.
As a freelancer, it can feel like you work in your own bubble sometimes and this newsletter helps me feel more connected to a community. Thanks for the tips :)”
— Amy Auble
“Amazing content as always and it’s super revealing and educational. I love how engaging your contents are. I really do. Thank you for taking the time to share and taking the time to care. There goes an honest feedback guys, I just love the Gig”
— Yemi Badmus
“What I love most is The Gig’s mail (Buyer’s Remorse) detailing a step by step method to win clients trust (especially a first time client) and turn them into repeated buyers.
Thanks Jim Hamilton & Dorothy Hollabaugh for the freelancing tips provided so far.
Looking forward to reading more of The Gig emails.”
— Habeeb Adeyinka