Happy Friday! In the name of daylight savings, we’ve included an especially helpful sleep tip in today’s Working For Yourself Section, backed by science. If you decide to experiment with it, be sure to hit reply and let us know how it goes.
Mentioned in today’s edition: Instagram, Meta, Twitter, and Elon Musk. Plus what this 7-figure copywriter would do if she had to start from zero, one quick fix to solve your sleep problems, and failing English class for fun and profit.
Read time: 3 minutes and 16 seconds
Together with AdSkills
Every Direct Response Company’s Biggest Turn On
Stacking high-income skills is the best way to become truly in-demand. And copywriting and paid ads make for a lethal combination most direct response companies would kill for.
That’s where AdSkills comes in. Inside their platform, you’ll learn how to write killer ads, craft campaigns that convert, and scale ad accounts to the moon on Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and more.
Plus, as an AdSkills member, you’ll also get the stamp of approval that 9-figure companies like ClickFunnels, DigitalMarketer, and VShred look for when hiring freelancers.
So if you’re looking to partner with top-tier businesses and make more money per client, click here to try a free AdSkills class today.
Making the Rounds
- Instagram plans to let creators make their own NFTs. Forget showing off your existing NFTs, because Meta has announced soon creators will be able to make their own (and more importantly, sell them) on Instagram using the Polygon blockchain.
- Meta revives 28-day attribution window? There’s been no official statement yet, and may only be for reporting (not optimization), but according to Jon Loomer, the OG attribution window is back.
- Elon plans to lay off 3,700 Twitter employees today. The layoffs total about 50% of the company, which is significantly less than the 75% that was previously reported — but still a staggering number. The Tesla and SpaceX CEO hasn’t been afraid to shake things up after his latest acquisition, but it will be interesting to see how these layoffs affect the company’s ability to generate revenue and profits going into 2023.
Working With Clients
7-Figure Copywriter Reveals What She’d Do if She Had to Start From Zero
They say failure is the best teacher.
But hindsight is 20/20.
That’s why asking successful people what they’d do if they had to start over can be such an enlightening exercise.
And if you’re a freelance copywriter, you’re in luck today…
Because in the video below, you’ll discover exactly what 7-figure copywriter Alex Cattoni would do to get back to 10k/m as a freelancer if she had to start over.
Click here to check it out:
Working For Yourself
Having Trouble Falling Asleep at Night? Try This Quick Fix Tomorrow Morning
Even if you’re not an early riser…
Optimizing your sleep is essential to performing at your best.
So what’s the #1 best evidence-based way to hack your circadian rhythm for quality shut-eye?
We’ll give you a hint…
It’s not sleep masks, white noise machines, or keeping your bedroom cool…
(although all of the above do help)
Instead, it’s viewing sunlight.
Specifically, within 30-60 minutes of getting up and then again in the late afternoon before sunset.
Especially during the winter when sunlight is scarce.
In this podcast episode, Stanford neurobiologist Dr. Andrew Huberman explains how light viewing can help optimize not just sleep, but many other facets of your health as well.
Now if your podcast queue is already fully loaded…
Then click here to check out all of Dr. Huberman’s actionable recommendations to improve your sleep:
From The Copywriting Gig
Failing English Class For Fun and Profit
Here’s some good news for anyone who failed English class:
Writing words that sell has NOTHING to do with what you learned in high school.
In fact, it breaks pretty much all the rules.
Some key points to focus on:
- Keep paragraphs short (1-2 lines max)
- Avoid using big words (3 syllables or less)
- Ellipses are your best friend
- More bullets
It may feel funny at first…
But if you want to sell more stuff, train yourself to write conversationally and in plain English.
Looking to speed up the process?
Put your copy through Hemingway before submitting it.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
Other Reads You’ll Enjoy
On the hunt for more high-value content in your inbox? Check out some of our top picks below:
- The Playbook by Unemployable: The Playbook helps creators, freelancers, coaches, and consultants attract profitable audiences and develop multiple revenue streams.
- 1440 Media: Daily news designed to be the fastest way to an impartial point-of-view.
- The Newsette: Breaking down trending topics in news, fashion, and lifestyle to keep you up to date but not weighed down.
Quote of the Day
“Impatience with actions, patience with results.”
— Naval Ravikant
In Case You Missed It: