Happy Tuesday! How is it the last day of February already? Beats us. But you know what they say: time flies when you’re making high-quality
memes educational content.
Mentioned in today’s newsletter: Millennials, video ads, and Meta. Plus the feeling when you hand in your two weeks notice, and how to achieve inbox zero with multiple Gmail accounts.
Read time: 2 minutes and 37 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Millennials racking up debt at record-setting pace. According to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, total balances among millennials has shot up 27% since 2019, sitting at $3.8 trillion as of Q4 2022.
- New study finds longer videos convert better than shorter ones. In a report analyzing almost 1 trillion impressions, mobile marketer platform Liftoff found the best-performing video length to be 31-60 seconds.
- Meta throwing its hat into the generative AI ring. Unlike Google and OpenAI, the company will release its new large language model, known as LLaMa, to the research public.
Working For Yourself
That Feeling When You Hand In Your Two Weeks Notice
Amy Porterfield is a titan in the online business space.
After quitting her job working for Tony Robbins in 2009, she went on to build an 8-figure business and a top-ranked podcast…
(Not to mention one of the highest-converting webinar templates we’ve ever worked with!)
And she recently joined Chris Harder for a wide-ranging podcast interview to share some of the lessons she learned along the way.
If you need some more fuel for the fire as you build your own empire…
Click here to check it out:
[LISTEN]: #737: Amy Porterfield On How To Overcome Your Fears & Build A Business That You Love
Tools We Love
How to Achieve Inbox Zero With Multiple Gmail Accounts
The traditional web browser experience sucks.
Juggling a million tabs spread out horizontally is not the most efficient way to browse.
It’s what makes staying on top of more than one Gmail account a huge pain in the rear.
Let alone trying to reach the lofty heights of Inbox Zero.
Luckily, that’s where Shift comes in.
Shift is a desktop app that streamlines work by displaying each email account vertically (along with any other apps you’d like to include) along the left-hand side of your screen.
It sounds trivial, but this accordion-style set up is a game-changer for productivity.
Plus it lets you organize browser tabs by email account, making it much easier to flip back and forth without losing your place.
It’s quickly become one of our core tools for running a freelance business.
If you’re interested, you can check it out here:
Click here to learn more about Shift
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Shopify copywriter and designer
- Crypto Course Drip Email
- Copywriter Needed For a Digital Product
- Facebook ad specialist needed for product launch
- Marketing to improve SEO for our website.
- Graphic Designer Needed – Youtube Thumbnail Creator
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“It’s the getting, not the having, that makes you happy.”
— Roelof Botha
Embrace the climb.
Achievement alone won’t fill the void.
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
- Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
- Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI.
- Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)