Happy Tuesday! Today marks the 3-year anniversary of the U.S. Space Force, so here’s a fun fact: the USSF’s top-secret unmanned space shuttle recently completed a record-setting 908 days in orbit.
Florida residents were then treated to a series of sonic booms as it re-entered the atmosphere and landed at Kennedy Space Center shortly after 5 AM EST. So much for sleeping in.
Discussed in today’s newsletter: Upwork, Twitter, and Elon Musk. Plus 19 ways to reel in more freelance clients, whether working less really helps you get more done, and internet browsing on steroids.
Read time: 2 minutes and 26 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Upwork releases Freelance Forward 2022 report. Check out this new survey of 3,000 professionals to find out just how much freelancing exploded this year — and what kind of opportunities lie ahead in 2023.
- New poll suggests Twitter users want Elon to step down as CEO. 57% of users who responded to a Sunday poll said he should give up the reins. FWIW – Musk has said he will abide by the results. There’s never a dull moment on the bird app these days. Speaking of which…
- Twitter launches controversial new policy banning content that links to other platforms. Under the new policy, users linking to other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon, Truth Social, and others could be banned. After an immediate uproar, posts explaining the policy disappeared, but it’s still unclear whether the policy has been removed or not. Say goodbye to cross-posting?
Working With Clients
19 Ways to Reel in More Freelance Clients
Finding your first client is arguably the biggest challenge you’ll ever face in your freelance career.
Especially if you’ve got no experience or track record.
If you’re new to the game and looking for advice on how to land client numero uno…
Check out this article from our friends at Hustle Startup:
Working For Yourself
Does Working Less Really Help You Get More Done?
How many breaks do you take in a typical work day?
It’s a hotly-debated topic in productivity circles…
But we may now finally have a conclusive answer.
A new study in the journal Cognition attempted to figure out whether taking more breaks really helps with focus on productivity…
Spoiler alert: it did.
To discover exactly how the study was designed and what kind of breaks the test group took…
So you can experiment with it yourself to boost your own productivity…
Check out the article on ScienceDaily here:
Tools We Love
Internet Browsing On Steroids
Browser tabs are like garden weeds.
Every time you uproot one, two more somehow appear to take its place.
And the truth is…
Switching between accounts on Gmail, Drive, Slack, Asana, and any other workplace app you use on the daily can be a major drag on productivity.
Luckily, that’s where Shift comes in.
It’s a desktop app that lets you quickly switch across accounts without changing tabs…
So you can streamline your online work experience to save time and get more work done faster.
Shift has been an absolute game-changer for us.
If you’re looking to optimize your daily workflow and keep your digital workspace organized at all times…
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Creative Graphic Designer for Automotive E-commerce
- Graphic Designer Needed to Create Thumbnails and Art for Social Media like YouTube
- Facebook Ads Expert For Fashion Brand
- Website Copy
- Copywriter & Content Writer For Marketing Technology Blog
- Google Ads consultant needed for attorney
Most news outlets just report on problems, but the Goodnewsletter only reports on solutions.
Every day, thousands of world-changers wake up to the best good news stories in their email inboxes.
The Goodnewsletter will leave you feeling more hopeful about the state of the world.
Quote of the Day
“Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.”
— Ashleigh Brilliant
In Case You Missed It: