Happy Tuesday! Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm is expected to announce a major breakthrough today in the search for unlimited power through fusion energy. We’d try to explain it to you, but hey — we’re freelancers, not rocket scientists
Mentioned in today’s edition: Twitter Blue, Stripe, and ChatGPT. Plus 7 places to find freelance clients, how to start building your blueprint for a successful 2023, and Chinese water torture for digital marketers.
Read time: 2 minutes and 48 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Twitter Blue, Take Two. The revamped subscription program is now available again for $8/month on the web and $11/month on iOS devices. It seems like Elon’s plan to circumvent Apple’s 30% tax on in-app purchases is to simply pass that cost onto the consumer. Time will tell whether a move like this puts pressure on Apple to reduce their fee.
- New Stripe report reveals ecommerce boom in non-traditional tech sectors. According to the payment processing company, there are now companies in over 350 cities across the U.S. each collectively processing over $100M per year through Stripe, up from just 50 cities in 2017.
- 50+ prompts to experiment with ChatGPT. We wrote yesterday about how OpenAI’s new dialogue-based ChatGPT bot is taking the world by storm. Well, if you’re looking to experiment with it, there’s no need to come up with your own prompts. Just try one of these 50+ prompts to see what it can do instead.
Working With Clients
What the Freelancer Said to the Prospect
Cold outreach isn’t the only way to get clients.
There are thousands of businesses posting freelance jobs every day.
You just have to know where to look.
So if you’re looking to land more clients…
Check out these 7 platforms:
Remember: clients posting jobs on these platforms are looking to hire ASAP.
All you have to do is convince them you’re the one.
Working For Yourself
Start Here to Build Your Blueprint For a Successful 2023
2023 is just a few weeks away.
And while setting a New Year’s Resolution may be a little clichéed…
There’s a reason famous entrepreneur and investor John Doerr says, “what gets measured, gets managed.”
It’s because setting goals (and then actually tracking them) works.
Plain and dimple.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a freelancer looking for your first client or a Fortune 500 company looking to break past $100B.
Check out the episode of My First Million below on YouTube to kickstart your goal-setting for 2023:
Tools We Love
Chinese Water Torture For Digital Marketers
Ever find yourself retyping or copy-pasting the same thing day after day?
Whether it’s messages to prospects, colleagues, or clients…
Or even usernames and passwords…
It’s like Chinese water torture for digital marketers.
Multiply all that by hundreds (if not thousands) of repetitions, then do the math on how much all that wasted time is costing you.
That’s why we’re big fans of TextExpander.
TextExpander lets you set up shortcodes and abbreviations to save time on stuff you type.
Once you set it up, all you have to do is type in your shortcode, and TextExpander will automatically paste your text for you.
For just $3.33 per month, we can’t think of a better way to start buying back your time.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Facebook ADS audit
- Troubleshoot a disabled facebook ad account
- Email Marketing Expert
- Real Estate Website Copywriter
- Need graphic designer to create a 1 page sales piece
- Graphic Designer needed for website
If you’re interested in personal development, growth, productivity, wealth creation, or business, you need to read The Curiosity Chronicle.
Written by entrepreneur and investor Sahil Bloom, The Curiosity Chronicle is filled with actionable, tactical insights you can immediately implement to improve your life.
Find out why 125,000+ high-performers rely on it to uplevel their health and wealth by subscribing here for free.
Quote of the Day
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act!”
— Amelia Earhart
In Case You Missed It: