Happy Tuesday! Special shout out to IRL friends of the newsletter Rodney, Brian, and Jacqueline. It’s easy to forget people actually read what we write sometimes, so thanks to all of y’all for the feedback and support 🙏🙌
And a friendly reminder to everyone else that we appreciate all feedback, good or bad. If you’ve got something you’d like to share, hit reply and let us know.
Discussed in today’s productivity-themed newsletter: Facebook, Instagram, inflation, and TikTok. Plus 9 cool new AI tools to play around with, and how to streamline your workflow with simple text shortcodes.
Read time: 2 minutes and 36 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Meta testing paid verification program. Similar to Twitter Blue, Facebook and Instagram users will soon be able to pay to receive a blue checkmark. The program costs $12/month on the web and $15/month on mobile, and is currently only available in New Zealand and Australia.
- 69% of consumers planning to cut back on nonessential expenses. According to a new PwC survey of almost 10,000 consumers, 15% said they’d cut nonessential purchases completely as inflation takes a bite out of purchasing power.
- TikTok testing in-app checkout. As part of its push to replicate liveshopping success in China, the platform has launched a pilot program in the U.S., allowing a handful of brands to test in-app purchases.
Working For Yourself
9 Cool New AI Tools to Play Around With
The AI Revolution is in full effect.
It feels like we come across an exciting new AI tool or use case every 5 minutes…
And today’s no different.
Alex Hormozi recently challenged his entire team to replace themselves with AI in just 7 days…
And while their jobs may not have actually been on the line…
This hypothetical thought exercise surfaced some crazy cool new AI tools we’re excited to experiment with.
Click below to check it out on YouTube:
[WATCH]: I Challenged My Team To Replace Themselves With AI
Tools We Love
Streamline Your Workflow With Simple Text Shortcodes
One consequence of the AI craze happening right now is that it’s forced us to re-examine everything we do throughout a typical workday.
We’ve uncovered a number of new chokepoints we’re eager to alleviate…
But one area we’ve already got on lock is repetitive work.
Templates, boilerplate messages, task descriptions — you’ve probably got a slew of stuff you end up typing over and over again too…
Whether you realize it or not.
While these tasks seem trivial on the surface, the reality is they gobble up a ton of time.
Luckily, that’s where Text Expander comes in.
This trusty time-saver lets you set up shortcodes for just about anything you can think of…
So you can auto-populate a chunk of text, big or small, in just a few keystrokes.
It may not sound like a game-changer…
But once you start using it, you’ll realize how much time you just got back.
Give it a go at the link below:
Click here to learn more about Text Expander.
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
- Infographic Designer For Skincare Brand
- Facebook Ad Graphic Designer
- Design & Build a WordPress Landing Page
- Re-write website content
- Funnel Creation & Paid Advertising
- Split Testing Expert For YouTube Ads
NOTE: We only share job postings from Upwork. We’ve found it to be the most trustworthy platform with the highest-quality clients.
Furthermore, job postings must be for high-income skills like copywriting, media buying, funnel building, graphic design, remote closing, etc in order to qualify.
Quote of the Day
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
— Maya Angelou
Share this on Twitter 🐦
Tools of the Trade
Looking to upgrade your toolkit? Here are some of our favorite tools we use to powerful our freelance business:
- ConvertKit — Email marketing for creators. Simple, easy to use, and very cost-effective.
Kinsta — Super fast website hosting trusted by 25,000+ small businesses.
- Fireflies — AI note-taker that can record client calls + create searchable transcripts.
Krisp — Eliminates echoes and background noise on calls and meetings using AI. Wise — Unbeatable rates on currency conversions. Saves you a ton of money if you’re an international freelancer.
* Some of these are affiliate links. This means we may receive a small commission if you sign up for a paid subscription (at no extra cost to you.)