Happy Tuesday! The first day of fall is less than a month away. Where did the summer go? It feels like it was May just yesterday. But if you’re eagerly counting down the days till the autumnal equinox so you can get a taste of pumpkin spice, don’t worry — Dunkins and Krispy Kreme have both released their pumpkin-inspired fall menus early. You’re welcome.
Mentioned in today’s issue: Fiverr, Apple, TikTok, and Twitter. Plus how to beef up your sales pitch, the importance of having a strong base of support, and how to cut back on endless email chains.
Read time: 2 minutes and 54 seconds
Making the Rounds
- Over 75% of businesses prefer hiring freelancers in a challenging economy. A new Fiverr survey reveals 78% of business leaders are looking to freelance talent over in-house employees with a potential recession looming on the horizon.
- Apple employee claims firing threat after TikTok video goes viral. Paris Campbell posted a video on TikTok with basic iPhone security tips that racked up 5M views in 24 hours. Then she claims a manager told her to remove the video or be terminated. Sounds reasonable.
- Twitter testing new way to identify phone-verified users. The verified phone number label would appear on people’s profiles and (hopefully) make it easier to spot bot accounts.
Together with Fast Foundations
Stuck Under 5k Per Month in Your Freelance Business? Read This
You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. And if you’re a normal person, chances are your 5 best friends are NOT successful entrepreneurs. That’s why joining a community of like-minded people is the fastest way to reach the next level.
The Fast Foundations Mastermind is designed to help you grow your early-stage business fast. It’s led by Carter & Custer, two multi 7-figure entrepreneurs who will help you deploy proven step-by-step strategies to monetize your ideas, scale up your business, and increase your net income.
If you’re looking to make a breakthrough in your freelance business and finish 2022 on a high note, click here to learn more about Fast Foundations.
Working With Clients
Looking to Beef Up Your Sales Pitch? The Trick is…
… is to ask a ton of questions during the “discovery” process.
What’s important to a new client may not be the same as your last client.
So by asking things like:
- What’s the #1 biggest challenge right now?
- What makes this a priority right now?
- Have you hired anyone else to help with this in the past? How did that go?
- Is there anything else you think I should know?
… you can tailor your pitch to address their specific concerns and desires.
On a related note — if you want to take your sales pitches to the next level, share the newsletter with just five friends and we’ll send you a copy of our Ultimate Freelance Sales Call Cheat Sheet.
It’s a step-by-step roadmap to closing freelance deals over the phone, complete with specific questions and word-for-word transitions to help you navigate sales calls like a pro.
Working For Yourself
A Six-Figure Freelance Biz Needs a Strong Base of Support
They say you should always invest in a good pair of shoes and a good mattress.
Because if you’re not in one, you’re in the other.
Well, we’ve got one more item to add to that list:
A good office chair.
Because if you’re spending 4-8+ hours working on the computer in a crappy chair…
You could easily end up with back, neck, or wrist pain.
And your skeleton deserves better than that.
Our top choice is the IKEA Markus.
But if you’re looking for a side-by-side comparison…
Tools We Love
Cut Back on Endless Email Chains and Pointless Zooms
Efficiency is key when communicating with clients.
If you went back and forth via email or jumped on Zoom every time a client had a question…
You’d never get any work done.
Good thing you don’t have to.
That’s because SnagIt lets you quickly record and share videos of your screen so you can add context and communicate efficiently with both clients and colleagues.
It also helps you screenshot ads, emails, and sales pages for your swipe file…
So you don’t have to start from scratch on your next project.
If you’re looking to streamline your freelance workflow…
Looking for clients? These freelance jobs were posted on Upwork in the last 24 hours:
Quote of the Day
“You know, there other ways to think of things than the way you think of them.”
— Duck Phillips
Monday:🧑💼Return to the office